TIME FOR AN UPDATE -
WE ARE ALL ON INFORMATION OVERLOAD and the reality is that there is not much we can do to stop the EXCESSIVE amount of daily negative information and our need to share the necessary action items. The Logistics Team met to discuss how to better communicate. There are two IMMEDIATE ACTIONS we want everyone to do that will help you find information faster and for us to be able to get information to you directly…
1. FACEBOOK – use hashtags at the top of your posts…#action/ #event/ #admin ...this will allow you to sort out action items and events from the stream of news items.
2. WEBSITE – go to the website https://www.riseupcalifornia.com/ and “contact us” so we have your e-mail address. This will enable us to have a direct way of communicating with you.
Something very remarkable has happened since RISE UP started up a few months ago…many very sophisticated national tools have been created to help us find efficient ways to resist. Review the links below and come up with your personal plan….then execute. The amount of calls, postcards and tweets matter. The size of the crowds at protests, gatherings of support and marches matter. And the number of people register to vote and who cast a ballot matters the most.
PLAN & EXECUTE...IT ALL MATTERS!!!
~ 5 CALLS… https://5calls.org/#issue/recaXnaKhy0j1VKVv …if you want to work from home or on your lunch hour. Someone does the research and helps keep you focused on timely issues.
~ MOVEON.ORG… https://act.moveon.org/survey/readytoresist4/ …tap into an 8 million strong national group…a local branch just started in Riverside.
~ INDIVISIBLE… https://www.indivisibleguide.com/ …organizations being started in each district to watchdog congress reps. District 42 (Ken Calvert) & 45 (Mimi Walters) are very active
~ HUDDLES… https://www.womensmarch.com/100 ….small groups starting around kitchen tables and in coffee shops & bookstores.
~ https://www.resistancemanual.org/Resistance_Manual_Home ...another great information site
RISE UP appreciates these professional tools so that we can concentrate on what we can do best for the cause…
1) A resource for factual information
2) A clearinghouse of where and how to be action oriented
3) A safe place for like-minded individuals to civilly vent and get educated
4) A referral source for partner progressive groups that need volunteers
5) A cheerleading site to keep you engaged for four years…(though the so-called president does a pretty good job of that all by himself)
REMEMBER ….“RISE UP’S OVERALL MISSION IS TO HELP LIKE-MINDED PEOPLE FIND EACH OTHER SO THEY CAN WORK TOGETHER TO MINIMIZE THE DAMAGE OF THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION UNTIL THEY WIN BACK THE MAJORITY IN 2018 & 2020 ELECTIONS.”
PLEASE "Like" to indicate you have read